Did you know that simply cleaning your guitar regularly will make your guitar sound BETTER for Longer? However, there are certain treatments that work better than others do!
Best Guitar Cleaning Accessories? You can transform your guitar back to looking brand new just by using the THREE Best guitar cleaning accessories. These include a Lint-free cloth, Guitar polish, and guitar Oil!
In this article, I will go over each of these cleaning materials in detail… So let us get started!
1. Lint-free Cloth
You should use this kind of cloth for wiping the strings, necks, and bridge often. This fabric will work in most cases, it’s soft, popular, inexpensive and does not leave any remaining cotton on the surface.
- 【All-Purpose Microfiber Cleaning Towels】--AIDEA Cleaning Cloths are made of 87% Polyester 13% Polyamide. Softer, More Absorbent, Lint-Free.
- 【Soft & Lint Free】--Multifunctional Cleaning Cloths, and works with plain water. Ultra-soft, non-abrasive microfiber cloths will not scratch paints, coats or can be used on most surface areas in your home.
- 【Easy Clean and Durable】--Edgeless Microfiber Cleaning Cloths. It can increase the durability of the towel very well.
- 【Easy Care And Use】--Comes in 5 colors enables you to color code for different cleaning tasks. Standard size: 12'' x 12”. Note that it needs to be washed with warm Machine Wash, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, do not dry clean.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】--Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. We're confident you'll love our products, but if you're not 100% SATISFIED, our customer service team will work with you to make it right!
You can even use them regularly to clean your Guitar without any needed polishes (in case of daily cleaning when your Guitar is not too dirty)
2. Guitar Polish / Guitar Cleaner
As I said above, you cannot use just any kind of detergent on your Guitar. A specialized Guitar polish will remove all doubts because it does not contain any harmful chemicals that will destroy your instruments.
Here I will suggest some significant ones for your reference…
Dunlop 654 Formula 65 Guitar Polish & Cleaner 4oz.
This is one of the best cleaners used by most Guitarists. It cleans totally and quickly, restores any finish to its original luster, leaves a micro-thin, stain-resistant protective layer and won’t build up.
- Cleans totally and quickly, restoring finish to its original luster
- Leaves a microthin, stain-resistant layer that won't build up
- Perfect for daily use
- Dunlop; guitar; cleaner
It is also chemically balanced so that you can use it daily.
Music Nomad MN103 Guitar ONE All-in-1 Cleaner, Polish, and Wax, 4 oz.
Music Nomad’s Guitar ONE All-in-1 Cleaner, Polish, and Wax is an ultra-slick, streak-free, high shine gloss magnifier, organically formulated to clean, polish, wax, and protect for gloss finishes. This is the first biodegradable, one-step answer to effortlessly achieving a show-perfect shine.
- Complete guitar maintenance in one bottle to clean, polish, and protect
- Streak-free, advance formula that smells great
- Infused with white Brazilian carnauba wax for an acoustically transparent shield with a high gloss shine
- Safe on all lacquer finishes, not recommended for matte finishes
- Proudly Made in the USA
The Guitar ONE is infused with white Brazilian carnauba wax that delivers an acoustically transparent durable shield with a high gloss shine that protects your instrument’s finish. Safe on all lacquer finishes, including nitrocellulose. Not recommended for matte finishes. Musicians, repair shops, guitar techs, instrument makers, and collectors around the world use Music Nomad’s most popular guitar care polish, the Guitar ONE, making guitar care and maintenance easier, while not compromising on quality.
Oil provides a protective barrier, conditions the wood and stops it drying out. It is divided into 4 main types: natural mineral, petroleum distillates, bore oil and lemon oil with their own pros. However, remember that oil is usually suitable for most fretboards except for the Maple ones, which have a hard and lacquered finish (it will have no effect, and could even harm the lacquer).
Music Nomad MN105 F-One
- 100% Natural Oils ultra refined to Clean, Condition & Protect
- Completely free of lemon extracts, so it is safe on all unfinished fretboards: rosewood, ebony and Maple
- Premium quality Cleaner and conditioner used by high-end repair shops
- Contains no petroleum, wax, detergents, or water
- Dries fast but maintains conditioning for months
It is suitable for almost kind of woods because it is made of natural oil and free of lemon extract. It also has a pretty reasonable price with one small bottle lasting a long time.
Music Nomad MN702
- Cleans and conditions Granadilla and other wooden instruments
- 100% natural organic oils. Free of lemon extracts, petroleum, and water
- Great for wooden bore instruments and any unfinished wooden parts
- Helps restore wood and prevent drying and cracking
- Proudly Made in the USA
Representing the bore oil product line, Music Nomad MN702 will be worth considering. It is free of lemon, water, and petroleum, so you don’t need to worry about damage or unwanted residue. It’s made entirely of natural minerals, which nourish the fingerboard and restore the smoothness of the instrument. However, you should not expect that it will protect the Guitar from grime.
- Removes grime and returns your Fretboard to its original luster
- Keeps grime away by providing an invisible sealant against stains and moisture
- Country of origin :United States
- Product type :INSTRUMENT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
It is one of the most popular lemon-based substances which will help the cleaning process become much easier and quicker with a fresh, lemony scent at an affordable price.
The products suggested above are my personal choices, some people may not like some products and claim them harmful to their instruments, but as long as you properly follow the user manual, everything will be fine. And lastly, always remember; don’t use a household cleaner on your Guitar!